Sunday, November 7, 2010

Parade

Every culture celebrates weddings differently. And here in Morocco it is a full on party mixed with a lot of culture.  Everyone here tells me I need to go see a wedding, and I hope that before my two years are up I will have the opportunity to see one. I do not know all that a Moroccan wedding entails, other than it starts late at night and goes into the early morning and it is a big party. But one thing my Moroccan friends left out was the parade that goes on the afternoon prior to the wedding. I discovered this one afternoon when I heard music outside. I went out to my balcony and this is what I saw. Apparently a girl around the corner was getting married. The parade goes around the city and ends at the house of the bride-to-be. Stacy, how would you like to have a parade before your wedding?







No comments:

Post a Comment